Hold onto your hats ladies and gentlemen! I knew this price increase was coming but I didn't realize how devastating it would be until a couple minutes ago when I printed a label that normally cost around $7 and some change is now $9 and change!
I had thought that my pricing was safe and I wouldn't have to raise prices but I was wrong! Here are the increases that are happening posted from the usps web site
Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, Parcel Select Ground and USPS Retail Ground:
- $0.75 increase for PM and PME Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes.
- $0.25 increase for Zones 1-4, 0-10 lbs.
- $0.75 increase for Zones 5-9, 0-10 lbs.
- $1.50 increase for Zones 1-4, 11-20 lbs.
- $3.00 increase for Zones 5-9, 11-20lbs.
- $2.50 increase for Zones 1-4, 21-70 lbs.
- $5.00 increase for Zones 5-9, 21-70 lbs.
When I look at this chart it doesn't appear to be too bad but when it translates to actual shipping rates it looks a lot worse and Im not sure why!
I will monitor this for the next couple days and update shipping prices as needed. I apologize for not having more foresight on this. I really didn't think it would be so bad but it seems that EVERYTHING is going up in a big way including gas and groceries!
We have been lucky to not hit any supply issues so far but I suspect that will happen at some point as many people are experiencing this too!